So This Saturday is my Birthday. I won’t disclose my real age but for the past few years I have been saying I’m turning “40” I’ll be in Tuscon at Bookman’s selling books and meeting new and old fans alike. However I wanted to use this moment to have a top 5 things that have made this Birthday great
1. I’ve been working on lots of great stuff. 2017 should be a great year for me. I’ve done 2 issues of PoMoFo, and I’m working on Hotdog and more Bunnyvomit stuff
2. My Peers and colleagues have been super awesome. I’ve been working and doing stuff with so many awesome people. I can get teary thinking about it
3. Things are getting better: Being an artist is a constant struggle, even though I’ll never be at the place I want to be, I am grateful to feel like my life and my art is getting better
4. You guys! I love when people laugh at my comics, or tell me how much they liked what I’m doing or what I did. When I draw the comic I know I entertain myself, I always hope I can reach someone and entertain them as well.
5. I’m certain this is a weekend people will be buying me drinks, and that’s always a good thing 🙂
It’s been a long time since I rapped at ya, so much has been going on and I forget to communicate it so I’m going to give a few top 5 lists to keep you updated!
Top 5 things to see coming up in 2017
1. More Bunnyvomit, and More Hotdog the first Bunnyvomit spinoff comic
2. A Brand new poetry/comics project called “Pomofo”
3. Being a part of the AzEventureCon during it’s first year!
4. Being a part of the Big Time Funniest comic newspaper that debuted in November
5. Drawing more comics this year than ever in my life!
Top 5 Life Changing Events from 2016
1. I got a promotion at my day job
2. Had a phenomenal year with Bunnyvomit, I feel like it just gets bigger
3. Been working on a Podcast with “Sort of a Big Deal” Brian Augustyn. It’s weekly and I should be posting updates about it more often
4. Starting my first all ages comic book series “Hotdog” it’s about a Pizza delivery, Skateboarding, Hipster Dog and his zany adventures
5. Starting Big Time Funnies which is a great collection of comics with some of Arizona’s most talented cartoonists. I’m honored, humbled and I strive to do some of my best work for the paper and my cohorts
What I plan to do in 2017
1. Publish 18 things
2. Do 10 comics related events
3. Meeting a special someone
4. Making Donald Trump’s “Enemies list”
5. Be the best me as possible
What are you guys looking forward to this Year?
I didn’t know how much this con would take out of me. Phoenix Comicon happened over the weekend and I had a blast and a half! It was my first time having a solo table, my first time selling shirts and I did my first panel. Here are some pictures I took (I always wish I could take more).
These two ladies dressed up like this because they really wanted to make armor. It’s a reminder of how creative this state is and I’m lucky to be a part of it.
I gave out trophies this year. Mostly to super talented artist friends but I gave some for the costumes I loved the most. This Godzilla costume is the most incredible thing I’ve seen in years. Watching her jump with glee afterwards is one of the top 5 things to happen this entire weekend.
Yes I have a crush on the Negasonic Teenage Warhead, and you should too.
this was the greatest costume I saw all weekend. Sorry every other awesome contest. THis is a winner
I don’t usually root for Disney Villains but Ursula holds a special place in my heart.
This is reason #4 why I draw comics.
I will come to terms with myself being attracted to a woman who dresses as Tim Curry. It’s really a non issue right? I mean she’s downright sexy as Frank-N-Furter and that’s why she won the trophy for “Best Transvestite” at the con
I love when a family dresses as the cast of Bob’s Burgers. This was my favorite family this year!
yes I’m an adult who likes Bee and Puppycat. I’m okay, are you okay?
Tankgirl is something that I’ve loved since I was a teenager. This was our guest’s first time cosplaying and she really nailed it. This is why I do what I do.
I met this girl before I did my trophies for cosplayers but in all honesty this was the greatest thing I saw at the convention and by greatest I mean I saw a lot of boobs, and this was better than boobs. This is better than booze, this is better than anything anyone has ever done. This is a reminder that we live in a pretty good world despite it’s faults.
My favorite costume of the entire convention (Yeah, Judy Hopps was the best, but this was my favorite). Sparks Nevada Marshall on Mars. THis was my favorite podcast for years and one of my favorite characters of all time. I dreamed of meeting someone who would dress like this and I’m so lucky that I got to witness these awesome robot fists and my only regret in life was not asking him if he could say that he was from Earth. Overall it was a great con.
Phoenix Comicon kicked so much ass. Thanks to everyone for such a wonderful weekend.
Hey guys! I know I don’t blog often but I thought I would try to do the occasional article to keep you up to date with what’s been going on. One of my goals this year was to read more books. with my ADD I have a hard time completing books even though I have a degree in English and consider myself a writer. So One of the few books I read lately is Marc Maron’s Attempting Normal
I did the audio book which is probably abridged but I do own a physical copy of the book because he signed it and I’m a huge fan. Marc is a brilliant comedian and does a podcast that I listen to religiously (almost as much as NPR’s Fresh Air). He works with a lot of Manic energy but is self aware and spends his time trying to understand himself. I feel like it helps me try to understand myself.
The book is done as a collection of essays that are autobiographical. Marc talks about his marriages, his crippling addictions and even both times he had sex with a prostitute. It seems like it’s very edgy material but it comes natural to discuss with him being entirely honest and insightful about each experience.
Marc has an essay about when he rescued the feral cats he currently cares for and various other cats who didn’t make the trip from New York to his current home in California. I’m not a fan of cats, but he’s personification of the animals is a constant reminder of how he projects his feelings in everything and everyone he interacts with. Something I think we all can relate to. I care about his cats because of this.
I really enjoyed this book. Of course I’m biased because I’ve loved almost everything Marc has done. He can probably tell me I’m a horrible person and slap me and I would think it was a wonderful experience.
Hey thanks for everyone who is visiting this site via http://boumeries.com This comic updates regularly Monday through Friday but right now I’m in the middle of a short hiatus. Feel free to read my archives of like 2000+ comics and I’ll be posting all new hilarious updates on the 28th of March. You guys are great and I hope you love the comics!