I know we’re getting deep into 2014 but due to work and my love of movies I thought I’d give my top 5 movies of 2013.
1. Pacific Rim: I felt like a 12 year old boy watching giant robots fighting giant monsters. Even though I missed this in the theater I saw it on blue ray and I was entranced.
2. Gravity: I saw this in the theater and it was one of the most amazing films I have ever seen. It was visually stunning and an ode to mankind and it’s struggles with the world. I can’t say anything negative about this at all.
3. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty: Earlier in the year I said, “I can’t believe I want to see a Ben Stiller movie” I was amused and thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It’s Stiller’s directorial Debut and it was an ambitious feat that he nailed. I was reminded of Wes Anderson and Spike Jonze while watching this. I’m thinking of seeing it again, and definitely going to buy it on DVD when I need to renew my faith in humanity.
4. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: I was a fan of the books even though I didn’t enjoy how the series ends. This movie is just as powerful as the first movie but in a more emotional way. I was on the edge of my seat and I’m glad to see the movie exceeded my expectations from the book.
5. Anchorman 2: I haven’t laughed so hard at a movie since Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. It’s a sequel that really tops the first in a way that was surprising and hilarious.
You might have remembered a stint of me being unemployed because even though I have some amazing skills, not all of them are skills that help me get employed. I lucked out and ended up with two part time jobs. I won’t get into details about the work, but I have one job I really like, and one job I really tolerate. I won’t post about them because I’d like to keep one of these jobs after the holiday season.
It makes me feel like comics are taking a back seat but I’m working on keeping with my update schedule and hopefully finding time to start making some bunny vomit books because I think that’s what you guys really want. I’d love to wax poetic on a few things but I’ll save that for another time. Hopefully I’ll get back to posting more so you guys can know what’s up. I still tweet occasionally via @so_birdilicious (I can’t get it to show on the site yet) When I have a day off again, I’ll look into adding a few more features to the site (after I finish the comics you love so much).
Thanks for your time and sobriety
your ever drunken birdie
Yesterday I participated in the annual event 24 Hour Comic Day. The idea is to draw a twenty four page comic in 24 hours. It’s not easy and I want to write more about my experience but I’ll leave you with the comic I drew yesterday and finished at 7am this morning (two hours ahead of time). Enjoy and share it with your friends