Hey guys! I know I don’t blog often but I thought I would try to do the occasional article to keep you up to date with what’s been going on. One of my goals this year was to read more books. with my ADD I have a hard time completing books even though I have a degree in English and consider myself a writer. So One of the few books I read lately is Marc Maron’s Attempting Normal
I did the audio book which is probably abridged but I do own a physical copy of the book because he signed it and I’m a huge fan. Marc is a brilliant comedian and does a podcast that I listen to religiously (almost as much as NPR’s Fresh Air). He works with a lot of Manic energy but is self aware and spends his time trying to understand himself. I feel like it helps me try to understand myself.
The book is done as a collection of essays that are autobiographical. Marc talks about his marriages, his crippling addictions and even both times he had sex with a prostitute. It seems like it’s very edgy material but it comes natural to discuss with him being entirely honest and insightful about each experience.
Marc has an essay about when he rescued the feral cats he currently cares for and various other cats who didn’t make the trip from New York to his current home in California. I’m not a fan of cats, but he’s personification of the animals is a constant reminder of how he projects his feelings in everything and everyone he interacts with. Something I think we all can relate to. I care about his cats because of this.
I really enjoyed this book. Of course I’m biased because I’ve loved almost everything Marc has done. He can probably tell me I’m a horrible person and slap me and I would think it was a wonderful experience.
Hey thanks for everyone who is visiting this site via http://boumeries.com This comic updates regularly Monday through Friday but right now I’m in the middle of a short hiatus. Feel free to read my archives of like 2000+ comics and I’ll be posting all new hilarious updates on the 28th of March. You guys are great and I hope you love the comics!
I’ve been meaning to write something about the new year earlier but I’ve been really busting my hump to make sure I achieve some of my goals for 2016. First of all 2015 was pretty damn good. I got to do what I love, and meet people who like what I do and I got to make new friends and I really enjoy all my new fans. You guys are what makes me happy with making comics.
I looked at my list of goals for 2015 and I almost knocked them out.
1. Publish Four Books. I put out issues #2 and #3 of Bunny Vomit (very behind on that, but will be adding more this year) I published my two 24 hour Comics “The Love Machine” and “Almost Ocho”
2. Do 3 Conventions. I did Amazing Arizona Comic-con, Phoenix Comic-con and Tuscon Comic-con. I had a great time, and I hope to do two of those again in 2016 with a few more in tow.
3. Utilize My Online Store: This is something I haven’t done yet. I hope to try this goal this year. Working three jobs leaves little time for a 4th job (maintaining a store) I’ll hope to rectify that before the summer
4 Kick some Ass. Oh man did I do this in spades! I did some math and found out I drew about 150 pages worth of comics during the year. I also started a side project and have been in talks with other artists and writers to create some amazing stuff that’ll be part of my goals in 2016.
So finishing 3 out of the 4 goals is pretty good. I’m going to be adding to that for my new goals of 2016
1. Publish 6 books. I’m going to add to my regular publishing some new books and projects I’m working with other great talents.
2. Finally publish one of my Children’s Books, small books of poetry, and or my Bunny Vomit Coloring Book. I’m going to spread my wings in the publishing arena and add my skillset to some alternative projects. This will either be part of my 6 books, or hopefully on top of the 6 book promise I made just a goal before
3. Do at least 10 Events this year. I am doing a handful of conventions, but I’ll be adding events at local shops on this list. whether it’s FCBD or daily events at all the many awesome Phoenix Comic Shops I will be spewing the word of Bunnyvomit on a more regular basis
4. Finally get that Online store up and running. Nuff said
5. Make 2016 my bitch. Each year has been better than the last, but I am ultimately ready to do what I’ve been destined to do and be that Amazing Cartoonist you all have been saying I am. This will be the year everyone knows what you already knew (before it was cool.)
Even though I despise talking about Christmas music before Christmas, now that Thanksgiving is behind us I can say something about the music of the season. These are the 5 holiday songs I love the most (and unironically in some ways)
- Santa Claus is a Blackman – Akim
- Jingle Bells
- Last Christmas – Wham
- Mary’s Boy Child Jesus
- Christmas in Hollis – Run DMC
Enjoy your holidays everyone!
I spent the past weekend at Tuscon Comic Con. It was my first time in Tuscon, and my first time at this convention. So many things happened over the weekend but I’ll post all the fun people who came to the show! I never take enough pictures (I’m going to need an assistant for my next convention. inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org)
There is going to be a day where I don’t harass someone dressed up as Tina, today is not that day. Luckily she put down her book of Erotic Friend Fiction to take a look at my personalized Bob’s Burger’s cover I did.
WITNESS!!! Seriously this was such a cool group. This is one of my favorite movies of the year and I was glad to see some amazing outfits.
I told Macho Man, “I don’t want this to get dark, but I think it’s pretty impressive that during the Rapture, God only needed you to fight the Devil and his hordes” “Oh Yeah” might have been his response.
Scarlett Wolfe from Scarlett Wolfe Cosplay came dressed as Link and I had to fight ever urge to drop to one knee and let her break a pot over my head.
The best part of Mabel outfits are: when they are homemade, when they are adorable, and when the girl wearing the outfit is also adorable! Thanks for stopping by all weekend! I spent 97% of my weekend behind my table at the convention, but I ran and might have trampled a few people to pose next to Freddie Mercury, the QUEEN OF ROCK N ROLL!!! Such a wonderful weekend!
Thanks to everyone who came by, and hung out with me. I had awesome hotdogs, heard great things, got to see so many great creators doing what they do best. This is a weekend I won’t forget even with all the booze in the world!