I didn’t know how much this con would take out of me. Phoenix Comicon happened over the weekend and I had a blast and a half! It was my first time having a solo table, my first time selling shirts and I did my first panel. Here are some pictures I took (I always wish I could take more).
These two ladies dressed up like this because they really wanted to make armor. It’s a reminder of how creative this state is and I’m lucky to be a part of it.
I gave out trophies this year. Mostly to super talented artist friends but I gave some for the costumes I loved the most. This Godzilla costume is the most incredible thing I’ve seen in years. Watching her jump with glee afterwards is one of the top 5 things to happen this entire weekend.
Yes I have a crush on the Negasonic Teenage Warhead, and you should too.
this was the greatest costume I saw all weekend. Sorry every other awesome contest. THis is a winner
I don’t usually root for Disney Villains but Ursula holds a special place in my heart.
This is reason #4 why I draw comics.
I will come to terms with myself being attracted to a woman who dresses as Tim Curry. It’s really a non issue right? I mean she’s downright sexy as Frank-N-Furter and that’s why she won the trophy for “Best Transvestite” at the con
I love when a family dresses as the cast of Bob’s Burgers. This was my favorite family this year!
yes I’m an adult who likes Bee and Puppycat. I’m okay, are you okay?
Tankgirl is something that I’ve loved since I was a teenager. This was our guest’s first time cosplaying and she really nailed it. This is why I do what I do.
I met this girl before I did my trophies for cosplayers but in all honesty this was the greatest thing I saw at the convention and by greatest I mean I saw a lot of boobs, and this was better than boobs. This is better than booze, this is better than anything anyone has ever done. This is a reminder that we live in a pretty good world despite it’s faults.
My favorite costume of the entire convention (Yeah, Judy Hopps was the best, but this was my favorite). Sparks Nevada Marshall on Mars. THis was my favorite podcast for years and one of my favorite characters of all time. I dreamed of meeting someone who would dress like this and I’m so lucky that I got to witness these awesome robot fists and my only regret in life was not asking him if he could say that he was from Earth. Overall it was a great con.
Phoenix Comicon kicked so much ass. Thanks to everyone for such a wonderful weekend.
Hey guys! I know I don’t blog often but I thought I would try to do the occasional article to keep you up to date with what’s been going on. One of my goals this year was to read more books. with my ADD I have a hard time completing books even though I have a degree in English and consider myself a writer. So One of the few books I read lately is Marc Maron’s Attempting Normal
I did the audio book which is probably abridged but I do own a physical copy of the book because he signed it and I’m a huge fan. Marc is a brilliant comedian and does a podcast that I listen to religiously (almost as much as NPR’s Fresh Air). He works with a lot of Manic energy but is self aware and spends his time trying to understand himself. I feel like it helps me try to understand myself.
The book is done as a collection of essays that are autobiographical. Marc talks about his marriages, his crippling addictions and even both times he had sex with a prostitute. It seems like it’s very edgy material but it comes natural to discuss with him being entirely honest and insightful about each experience.
Marc has an essay about when he rescued the feral cats he currently cares for and various other cats who didn’t make the trip from New York to his current home in California. I’m not a fan of cats, but he’s personification of the animals is a constant reminder of how he projects his feelings in everything and everyone he interacts with. Something I think we all can relate to. I care about his cats because of this.
I really enjoyed this book. Of course I’m biased because I’ve loved almost everything Marc has done. He can probably tell me I’m a horrible person and slap me and I would think it was a wonderful experience.
Hey thanks for everyone who is visiting this site via http://boumeries.com This comic updates regularly Monday through Friday but right now I’m in the middle of a short hiatus. Feel free to read my archives of like 2000+ comics and I’ll be posting all new hilarious updates on the 28th of March. You guys are great and I hope you love the comics!
I’ve been meaning to write something about the new year earlier but I’ve been really busting my hump to make sure I achieve some of my goals for 2016. First of all 2015 was pretty damn good. I got to do what I love, and meet people who like what I do and I got to make new friends and I really enjoy all my new fans. You guys are what makes me happy with making comics.
I looked at my list of goals for 2015 and I almost knocked them out.
1. Publish Four Books. I put out issues #2 and #3 of Bunny Vomit (very behind on that, but will be adding more this year) I published my two 24 hour Comics “The Love Machine” and “Almost Ocho”
2. Do 3 Conventions. I did Amazing Arizona Comic-con, Phoenix Comic-con and Tuscon Comic-con. I had a great time, and I hope to do two of those again in 2016 with a few more in tow.
3. Utilize My Online Store: This is something I haven’t done yet. I hope to try this goal this year. Working three jobs leaves little time for a 4th job (maintaining a store) I’ll hope to rectify that before the summer
4 Kick some Ass. Oh man did I do this in spades! I did some math and found out I drew about 150 pages worth of comics during the year. I also started a side project and have been in talks with other artists and writers to create some amazing stuff that’ll be part of my goals in 2016.
So finishing 3 out of the 4 goals is pretty good. I’m going to be adding to that for my new goals of 2016
1. Publish 6 books. I’m going to add to my regular publishing some new books and projects I’m working with other great talents.
2. Finally publish one of my Children’s Books, small books of poetry, and or my Bunny Vomit Coloring Book. I’m going to spread my wings in the publishing arena and add my skillset to some alternative projects. This will either be part of my 6 books, or hopefully on top of the 6 book promise I made just a goal before
3. Do at least 10 Events this year. I am doing a handful of conventions, but I’ll be adding events at local shops on this list. whether it’s FCBD or daily events at all the many awesome Phoenix Comic Shops I will be spewing the word of Bunnyvomit on a more regular basis
4. Finally get that Online store up and running. Nuff said
5. Make 2016 my bitch. Each year has been better than the last, but I am ultimately ready to do what I’ve been destined to do and be that Amazing Cartoonist you all have been saying I am. This will be the year everyone knows what you already knew (before it was cool.)
Even though I despise talking about Christmas music before Christmas, now that Thanksgiving is behind us I can say something about the music of the season. These are the 5 holiday songs I love the most (and unironically in some ways)
- Santa Claus is a Blackman – Akim
- Jingle Bells
- Last Christmas – Wham
- Mary’s Boy Child Jesus
- Christmas in Hollis – Run DMC
Enjoy your holidays everyone!